Friday, April 17, 2015

sneakity peak of giraffe softie

Hello again! It's been a busy week. I have been working on a new project! Lately I have been into making stuffed toys. I love the cute little expressions I can give the toys, and I truly get happy and have a feeling of love of (I know, weird) when I see the toy come together. I might even talk to it...."hello there, cutie!"

My toddler has claimed all five that I have made this week as her own. She shrieks if you try to take them away from her, and on the car-ride to the bus stop the other morning (for the older kids), she insisted on having all of them plus her lovies (two smelly bunnies that she can't sleep without) in the car with her. She looked like she was buried in an avalanche of giraffes. But she wasn't screaming, so we went with it.

Why have I made five so far? Well, it's all part of the process of making a pattern and then perfecting it. And sometimes I can be a bit of a perfectionist about certain things. Although I am proud to say that I have made great strides since my younger years in overcoming prefectionism.....yes, I misspelled that on purpose.




In future posts, there will be a tutorial on how to make one of these dolls for yourself or for someone you love. Most likely next week (or sooner if I get the time to write). Softies (or rag dolls) are perfect for baby showers, birthdays, etc. I'll touch on making your own pattern, or you can use my pattern. And I'll give tips I've learned along the way, such as how to make your toy look good after being stuffed (without those pesky puckers--I hate those).

I don't know why I started with a giraffe. It just sounded fun. And I think they're cute.



So keep posted!!! Tutorial on it's way soon!
Isn't that pom-pom tail adorable? 

More to come soon on how to make your own!!



Until next time!!

1 comment:

  1. Love these! They are so cute. What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete